Koh Tao in Thailand KohTaoZone the first guide in French on Koh Tao, diving, news, information and guides on the island, hotel, compare prices, and more

Stay informed | | | |
You are here: > > Read a message

"Forum Koh Tao" Expat

Diving training

Started topic the: August 19, 2012 at 1:06 pm
Dylan

(View profile)
Validated user
Inscribes the: 18/08/2012
August 19, 2012 at 1:06 pm 5066 views Dylan said:

Bonjours, I wish to follow a training of diving from level 0 to level to work on in the middle in Thailand. Koh Tao Samui, Chang,... whatever.

I currently have 18 years and I am passionate about Nature and Thailand: 2 travel of 20 and 40 days already carried out (not with family)... I wish to begin the end of 2013 training to return 2 times in Thailand, Cambodia and also to the Viet Nam as a tourist history to be able to tour with means (because once installed in Thailand the income will be less ^ ^).

I have read the information on training (estimated price a 140-150 000 bath) duration 3 months. But in reading I also found that to pass the last level should have spend the first 6 months at least. The problem is that: I would like to come permanently, go to all the level and then work and install me. Therefore I would like to know if I said fair price duration,... and also a response to the problem of training to the last level with 6 months of waiting who will be not possible if I do it in 3 months and compensation details ectect...: s

I am motivated, and I dream of this training and this job.

Charly
Member moderator

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
Published articles: 732
August 19, 2012 at 2:42 pm Charly said:

Hi Dylan,.

To my knowledge the data that you are good to share that memory I have never heard that it can go pro in 3 months if one by zero.

Otherwise the tariff that you give me appears to be in the good range. Need to add to that the cost of the accommodation.

Also, it made me a little smile when you talk to "definitively", because in any event in Thailand, as a foreigner, and share special cases (immigrant visa...), are released every 3 months in the country for administrative formalities (except some sticking every years because they fulfil certain conditions).

Namely that you can start working if you the Divemaster level, so here you are steps require to wait 6 months. And this is probably what you will have to do. Either you can make trainer in length your Divemaster training to experience and also make the 60 dives required to start the IDC.

Don't forget to arrive in Thailand with a double entry tourist visa, need you at least that.

Dylan

(View profile)
Validated user
August 19, 2012 at 17:19 Dylan said:

Thank you for your answer Charlie :)

I spoke with an English which is left 3 months has Koh Tao to become pro and who work on-site later (today he works a Phuket) moved from level 0 in a centre island English. (That's why I quote "3 months");) But personally I no it is not.

For the fare, I took my information find what sum I would need to come and live a Koh Tao. Price of training, remuneration, cost on-site during the training period,.... I felt a 8000 euro approximately 3 months. (which is a large sum, which need an organization in my current job). If you have information on the subject ca me person;)

I have quoted "definitively", because I do not intend to live in France, and I feel well in Thailand. Yes I am aware of the double Visa entered by friends bangkok expats... A make stamp, Cambodia or another. Even if it is not to be permanently and on a 100% to stay there forever, the goal is to live there, after if I have to stamp my visa has each time this is not a problem.

Please report information to begin a work with the Divemaster level, and thus to wait the 60 diving to start the IDC. This is good news :

If you have info about the time training to level 0 a Divemaster (living on-site and practising as possible) and subsequently slices of salary to this level as well as for the acquired level after the IDC. And also the difficulty of find a job on the spot with 2 levels.

I am 200% and I would like to be the mieu preparation before departure.

Thanks lot for your answer :

Charly
Member moderator

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
August 20, 2012, 01:18 Charly said:

In fact I think that when you did say: pass the zero level to pro in 3 months, talked to the 0 to Divemaster level. and not to the instructor level.

Wholesale the Divemaster level allows you to attend some divers making dives fun (+ help/assist the instructor in some parts of the courses they teach) and instructor level allows you to train divers from A to Z of level Open Water to Divemaster level.

The part of training that cost the most expensive, it is the last, the instructor training.

A ladle, pass the level zero to Divemaster will cost you 55.000THB, or 1400 € to pass pro (because Divemaster is a pro level). Feasible in 3 months Yes. The Divemaster level can be 1 month see more. The levels of before can complete in 2-3 weeks. The purpose of the Divemaster training is not to do so as soon as possible, on the contrary, as is there that you will acquire the largest part of your experience (a lot of diving).

Should never rely going too fast for current problems can occur and you interrupt training, including for reasons of health (ear problem, crash of scooter...).

So you see, you will not need 8000 € the first 3 months. You will need to approximately 4,000 € 3 months all included (training/accommodation/food...) to go to the Divemaster level. I think that my range is fairly broad.

Namely for first level (before the divemaster), accommodation is included in the training. So it also leave you a little time to find accommodation (at least) to the suite.

For salary, I don't recall more precisely. You are paid to the formation or to the dive (dive fun). When the opportunities to find work, it is often a history of network, must be fit, show that it is there and that is... Finally... it is as in all occupations. The advantage is that many of the diver "turn", there is a seasonality so the staff is renewed frequently in certain centres of diving. finish his Divemaster just before the high season may be a good idea.

Dylan

(View profile)
Validated user
August 20, 2012 at 4:36 Dylan said:

Thanks again Charlie,.

I see clear now;) The last thing that puzzles me is the salary with the divemaster and instructor level eventually. I am not interested in money, win large sum,...,... But I would like if possible know has little meadows pay slices and thus whether this is sufficient to live on site and stay :

Everything you told me me reassured for the moment thanks

Nemo Dive Club Island

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
Published articles: 18
Inscribes the: 25/01/2011
August 20, 2012 at 04:55 Nemo Dive Club Island said:

3 months is to be DM, you must wait 6 months minimum between the registration of your Open Water certif and the passage of the final exam instructor. More tu bosses as DM more you are a good instructor. If you flawed your DM'T you are a danger under the water nozzle and you'll do anything, laborious exos, auciun security demoinstration and you know not cope with emergency situations.

Accounts between 4,500 and 5, 000euros of open water a instructor on say training 10mois (knowing that you working about 2 months on these 10 months as a DM with small salary) on the side of her it is 8, 000thb rent and a motorcycle purchase is 8, 000thb that you revends after.

Salary DM or its depends on you bosses, certain take you slaves and other not. Account 240thb of salary by divers performing 2 dives on a half-day. If you a 4 then its 960thb the half day fact and it is very good. In my shop my made 28, 500thb wages each in July and are party to do the same thing see more this month. After this is the high season so it's not as its all month. There are shops that pay a fix genus 15,000 or 18, 000thb fix has the year no matter what you do.

Instructor take 20% of the price of the course and do the double of the dive-master in my shop.

It does not become an instructor (a good) as his... This is a long, difficult and requiring much personal investment. Its is not at all as in the emission M6 "change of life" his it is fiction....

Nemo Dive Club Island

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
August 20, 2012, 04:56 Nemo Dive Club Island said:

the gives price includes the purchase of your own required equipment to work.

Dylan

(View profile)
Validated user
August 20, 2012 at 18:15 Dylan said:

5000e for 10 months? : O ca me listed very little to live.If I understand do all of 10 months to have any levels in taking time and therefore be best at the time to begin to work in time as instructor. With 2 months of working low-wage earners.

After ca possibility to work in a diving centre as a teacher with a salaure around 25-30,000 bath?

Personally ca me plait, but 5000e for training, equipment and living on the spot 10 months ca me not listed. Or may be that I misunderstood;)

I thought also to spend my first level in April (may be mieu to avoid the 6 months?).

Finally: I wonder how is life after instructor, installed,...,... because I know Thailand on vacation... (Of course I'm not a tourist trap but it remains when even of the holiday with a comparative easy budget that I am living on-site.)

Thank you has you also for your response : If you are you counsel of dive training centre, I am prenneur;)

Nemo Dive Club Island

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
August 21, 2012 05:38 Nemo Dive Club Island said:

4,500 > training equipment including 5,000. The cost of living is not included but you sor for 8,000/month eat for 400thb/day roll motorcycle for 8, 00thb the purchase is provides Divers Alert Network for 250euros the year was its adds your visa.

salary 25,000-30, 000thb did has not too much when he must know of the people and to be a network often work and make the regular wages. tell yourself that will need you at least contracting per month that you come from France to live, adds these EUR 500 money that you'll here and you can stay a koh tao. Also know as immigration control more (they control to the club 4 days ago) but I have a work permit;-) if they catch you without a permit to work his will you cost 50,000-60, 000thb with fine and just be a renewal at the border. Its happen more and more for all those of koh tao order to work illegally without paying their taxes etc etc and it is normal.

Dylan

(View profile)
Validated user
August 21, 2012 at 06:06 Dylan said:

I thought I pay my training, stay until the last level and then work and live on the spot. (I had heard of about 30 000 per month) But na not the air of this move like that lol.

I have 18 years then 500 e who returned from france monthly is not possible. by account held a certain sum (bossant going there) and go learn and live with this money for later work and live with the money from working.

But what I understand this is not possible?

Dylan

(View profile)
Validated user
August 21, 2012 at 06:26 Dylan said:

In any case thank you for the answers :

And I would like added a question: is hard to find a job once the training complete?

Dylan

(View profile)
Validated user
August 21, 2012 at 1:27 pm Dylan said:

"Is it hard"

Dylan

(View profile)
Validated user
August 22, 2012 at 17:50 Dylan said:

No answer ? :s

Charly
Member moderator

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
August 22, 2012 at 18:26 Charly said:

namely, if "it is hard or not find a position once the training completed", I think that Nemo you answered and I also.

Each in turn have used the word "network". If this concept you're foreign, then Yes you'll have trouble finding a job.

Dylan

(View profile)
Validated user
On August 22, 2012 at 7:54 pm Dylan said:

At the level of relations, I am make easily, I am rather open, step shy, cool, fun ect I never had to worry for making me friends. In effter there is a network for all, but the issue more on the labour market. Because can be friends if there is not job, there is no job. But thank you for your response Charly. So everything is in relationship to the work.

The real question remains 10 months with the 500 e training who returned every month. for live ect... Therefore the budget would be a budget of 5000e for training + equipment and power living in Thailand for 10 months without real wages (because as nemo said me with the divemaster is very small salary). I am sorry to ask plenty of questions but 18 years I try the adventure alone,... and I not want to return at home the tail between the legs as said.

Thanks you answers, it help me

Nemo Dive Club Island

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
August 23, 2012 at 10:54 Nemo Dive Club Island said:

If you are sociable and you get a little you'll know people, make you friends, you will meet the friends of his friends who them even have friends who know what ' one who seeks a DM in fixed or freelance... you understand the trick? This is the "network", as facebook but on koh tao and for diving.

Dylan

(View profile)
Validated user
August 23, 2012 19:40 Dylan said:

Thank you Nemo and Charly;)

To the delight of this see;) At the crossing if you know a good centre for training. (seriously, and cool) I am interested :

Post a reply
Nickname: (* required)
Your message:
Attached image:
(JPG format only.) Maximum size: 10 MB)
E-mail:

(* required. Is not displayed on the forum and allows you to receive replies)
  Control Spam, 2 + 2 = ?

Currently 84 visitors online.

Latest Weather Points

03 Jan. Weather point on Koh Samui to January 3, 2018...

Search KohTaoZone

Custom Search

Most Read

22 nov. (20) Bungalow on the beach and waterfront in Koh Tao
03 March (15) Attacked by a Titan Triggerfish fish in Koh Tao
18 Jan. Rental scams...
04 March (1) alert endangered
15 Feb. (2) Sairee, really noisy and crowded in August?
May 11 (11) surat thani - koh tao return boat
30 Jan. (2) Beaches accessible by the roads
01 Feb. Scooter rental
15 March (7) More Koh tao freedom! The beaches are paid
07 oct. flight to BKK AR

Most Discussed

09 may (42) Marriage with a Thai woman
06 nov. (37) I am a victim of a scam to love
03 nov. (27) Southern floods Thailand November 2011
May 15 (26) Tattoo: my name and surname in Thai
27 Jan. (24) Book or not?
29 Jul. (21) Fishing from the edge of the island of Koh Tao
25 April (20) price long tail boat on the day
06 August (17) Save koh tao?
August 19 (16) Diving training
18 oct. (16) Marriage with a thai

The Forum

18 June free vegas slots free penny slots
17 June Black Coffee Ft Black Motion Mixtape 2017
15 March (7) More Koh tao freedom! The beaches are paid
11 June ???????!
May 29 Family room - from 10/07 to 17/07
May 29 Family Booking - From 10/07/2018 to 17/072018
31 March (1) dirt from water to Tao
26 March (3) Council for diving
03 March (15) Attacked by a Titan Triggerfish fish in Koh Tao
May 20 New software XEvil 4.0 recognize of captchas Google, Facebook, Captcha.Com, SolveMedia, Bing
May 15 There are 266!
08 may EssayErudite.com write my essay .
March 11 vacation to koh tao
08 sept. (29) tourists flee koh tao because of dirt
17 Feb. (2) Noise has Sairee
01 March A nice video all fresh of koh tao
25 April (20) price long tail boat on the day
15 Feb. To know more?
16 Jul. (9) Scam scooter in Koh Tao: minimize risk
09 Feb. not so environmentally friendly...

"Go to the forum

Most

Agenda / Event

27 juin (J-6)
Full Moon Party
27 juil. (J-36)
Asalha bucha day (holiday)
28 juil. (J-37)
Khao Phansa (holiday)
29 juil. (J-38)
Full Moon Party
12 August (J-52)
Her Majesty the Queen's birthday

News
By the One in Koh Tao

15 Jul. Koh Tao imposes on professionals to treat their water...
14 Jul. Towards the elimination of waste and safety...
09 Jul. (1) An official hospital opens in Koh Tao...
May 23 Training of SSI to Koh Tao diving instructor...
26 March (2) Tao Festival 2017: A green festival...
May 28 Koh Tao sur Google Street View...
21 Feb. Jean Dujardin at Koh Tao for Brice de Nice 3...
23 April (1) Koh Tao: 5th most beautiful island in the world and 1st ASI...
24 Dec. (1) A diver died struck by a propeller...
26 nov. 1 of the year 2015 to Koh Tao with The Experience Festiva...
16 nov. (1) Koh Tao: Towards a smoke-free island?...
01 nov. 3 videos of Koh Tao...
08 oct. The Tower of Koh Tao in 80 Blogs...
05 oct. A Belgian falls into the water on the way to Koh Tao...
03 oct. (2) Double murder of Koh Tao: Confessions of Burmese 2...