Koh Tao in Thailand KohTaoZone the first guide in French on Koh Tao, diving, news, information and guides on the island, hotel, compare prices, and more

Stay informed | | | |
You are here: > > Read a message

Forum Koh Tao"Tours and excursions

Fishing from the edge of the island of Koh Tao

Started topic the: Jul 29. 2012, 22:08
dentex

Anonymous
(View profile)
From 29/07/2012
Jul 29. 2012, 22:08 Viewed 7942 times dentex said:
Hello everyone,

I will spend a few days on the island of koh tao and would like to peach a little edge with lures!

Then here's a few questions:

-My targets are a small (about 1 kg) Jack billfishes, baracuda and other fish from rocks... is what seems possible?
-is that areas of the island to focus on? deeper areas? More Rocky? a port?

Finally trips by boat are possible?

Thank you in advance! :)

dentex

Anonymous
Jul 29. 2012 at 10:25 pm dentex said:
I said, all fish will be released of course! :)
Charly
Member moderator

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
Published articles: 734
August 02, 2012 at 8:46 pm Charly said:

Hi,

To my knowledge the fishing is prohibited on Koh Tao. I saw recently a koh tao protection plan where you saw that all the Tower of Koh Tao is a protected area.

There are exits in boat Yes.

dentex

Anonymous
August 03, 2012 at 11:41 dentex said:
CA is not a very good news! :(

How can I be sure that the fishing is prohibited? wholesale or then I find the map of protected areas in Thailand?

thank you in advance
Charly
Member moderator

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
August 04, 2012, 04:37 Charly said:

The following document:map of protected areas in koh tao.
I don't know if he came into application.
Is that it also concerns the amateur fishermen... I do not know.

Should apply to the Marine Conservation Koh Tao.

Nemo Dive Club Island

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
Published articles: 18
Inscribes the: 25/01/2011
August 04, 2012 at 07:30 Nemo Dive Club Island said:

It is not returned in force and it will not go into effect. Their plan is on the PRO fishing no amateur and also some thing of diving, and there they address many too hard for them (pro fishermen are even more). That I discussed with one of the people in the Reef Conservation and their proposals are just riddicules.

Charly
Member moderator

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
August 04, 2012 at 08:20 Charly said:

Good, therefore I to found you can still fish.

Therefore a place nice to fish it is on the rocks of Cape Jeda Gang. Here down you will be not troubled by bathers and tu no embetera not swimmers nor.

dentex

Anonymous
August 04, 2012 at 9:34 dentex said:
super!!! :)

Thank you both for your responses! I'll be popping me during the holidays! :)
OK to Cape jeda gang, I'll do a round the bottom! I am based on the other side to tanote bay, I think that also must be fairly nice view photos and description of this place!

Thanks again :
carotao

Anonymous
(View profile)
From 24/08/2011
August 18, 2012 at 2:41 carotao said:
Ridicule or pas, most suggestions made by the maritime industry on summer accepted and voted by the Government and the premises of the island.

The first months, people do respecant not the laws shall come with a warning.

Charly, the link that you have post is the proposal not the final result, here is an updated item:

http://marineconservationkohtao.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=36&Itemid=54

A few days ago, returning from diving, we mark a kayak with the equipment for hunting underwater.

Here is the message published by Chad on Marine Conservation Koh Tao's Facebook group:
bit of island news regarding Marine Zoning and Regulations. . .
Word is 2 days ago the Fisheries Dept. received notification that somebody was spearfishing at Buddha Rock. They came around in their dingy and waited about 2 hours for the person to return to their kayak. In accordance with the regulations, for the first few months of implementation any offenders will be given warnings, and not fines.
But, upon seeing the Fisheries Patrol the spear fisherman dropped his equipment and pretended to just be a snorkeler, apparently thinking he could outsmart them. They apprehended him, and he refused to give them any information (Name, country of origin, hotel staying at, etc) and was very rude. So instead of a warning he got all of his equipment confiscated, including the fish and his GoPro camera he had used to film the spearfishing.
We are happy to see that the local community and Fisheries Dept. are taking the new regulations seriously, keep up the good work!

Dentex: you should able to peach to the line around Koh Tao (even if it seems to me that only the premises have the right of peach) However, the western area of the island, since Mae Haad to point north of Koh Tao is a zone or no fishing is permitted. Tanote Bay and a Cape Jeda Dang, the fishing line is authorized, if however, local approach you to see what you're doing or you engeuler, remaining polite, what they tell you and all will be well.

Nemo Dive Club Island

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
August 18, 2012 at 4:13 Nemo Dive Club Island said:

Without launch controversy I see nothing official after several research therefore "I / we" would like you to give a link official act or agreement prohibiting fishing, spearfishing etc etc. Not the link of an association. If you have the right then legislation has the vote be or a text agreement signed by legal representative (same laws here to vote). A koh - tao many people allow to prohibit things but not in a legal framework unfortunately. We would be pleased to publicly display this articles in the club to raise everyone.
PS: when there was absurd things in the proposals of the type: 

• We proposed ‘no spearfishing using SCUBA Equipment’ within the 3 km perimeter around the island
  • They changed it to NO SPEARFISHING  

All the world is known throughout the world that the rifle with bottle diving is prohibited... the proposal at the base was already illegal.

• We proposed fishing only using traditional methods (cages, lines, and small nets) within the 3 km perimeter around the island
  • They changed it to only line fishing (NO Cages, AND small nets only by hand from the beach)

Fishing has the line ok, small net edge ok but propose Peach with a cage is not terrible, I find smarter fishing rifle or one can select that fishing cage is limit of the poaching? you and I see often of huge all new cages is full of all species of fish and we do the same thing when we see it, it releases the content? ;-) 
The or I am disappointed is that they is not banned plastic bags on the island or at least to the 7/11 and stores?  I understand that they do not prohibit it on the beach because bins would be more logical and would make jobs for 2 or 3 people.  I have me even sign the paper but I am disappointed in the decision of the speafishing but good it is as his!

Charly
Member moderator

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
August 18, 2012 at 6:04 Charly said:

I am not sure, but if such an official document exists, it can be as written in Thai language.

So if it is somewhere online, it should be here:

http://www.kohtao.go.th

carotao

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
Published articles: 6
Inscribes the: 24/08/2011
August 18, 2012 at 06:46 carotao said:

The marine branch has just tries to remain realistic in its applications.

Si ca tenait qu'a moi, j'aurais fais une proposition bien plus dure, genre : any fishing activities or dumping of rubbish in the zone of 3km around koh tao will be punished by death {#emotions_dlg.67}

It is better to make a step in the right direction with acceptable applications that get a back space. And to the spearfishing using scuba gear, everyone knows that it is illegal, but several people (captain of boat for example) did not meet this law, the proposal was a diplomatic way to remind them of the laws without offencer person.

Nemo Dive Club Island

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
August 18, 2012 at 07:06 Nemo Dive Club Island said:

Yes they do but they are at home, I have difficulty to accept that of faràng are pushing the premises in their prohibiting certain things (bottles it is banned ok but some captain and others do in apnea...). And the rifle is a sport fishing. And it is not we foreigners in this country who can take the right to prohibit this or that. It is step we should not forget it and it is not 4 barracudas that they tap that changes something. Need to address a larger... as some Resort etc etc... and the oddly there is more people...

carotao

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
August 20, 2012 05:18 carotao said:

Dear Nemo,

I advise you to read the article carefully in order to avoid any mixing.

The Group discussed it is Save Koh Tao thai even maritime branch is represented by a Thai (P Kean) we, foreigners, is just our opinion.

Dr. Sakanan is thai.

"We" = Save Koh Tao group (thais), marine branch (thais et etrangers), local businesses (thais et etrangers)

"They" = (thais) local government representatives, the officer of the district of Koh Phanghan (thai), the Department of fisheries (thais), representatives of the University of Prince of Songkla (thais), Save Koh Tao (thais and foreigners), koh tao rescue team (thais), Lomprayah (thais) local businesses (thais and foreigners)

So I fail to see how you reach to the conclusion that these are aliens that prohibit things to the thais?

La proposition initial disait : no spearfishing using scuba gear

The thais themselves are same (there were a couple of foreigners present in the meeting, but there was a large majority of thais and in a democracy it is the majority prevailed) who wishes to change this proposal with: No. spearfishing.

If some thais are not in agreement with the decisions of their Government and their community, it is their problem and ca is used has nothing to put the blame on foreigners. It is not us (foreigners) who have passed this law.

I hope that these few details you eclaireront a little.

carotao

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
August 20, 2012 05:32 carotao said:

And for the resorts, each thing in its time...

This "Mater" project plan for Marine resources zoning understand unfortunately than the sea.

The maritime industry has tried to address the subject of beaches, sewers, resorts etc... There will be other meetings with the authorities of local concerned to develop a master plan for Land resources.

Personally, I am glad to see progress in the right direction and I am sure that the rest will follow.

Better to advance a small step that does not move at allSmile

Nemo Dive Club Island

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
August 20, 2012 05:46 Nemo Dive Club Island said:

Small question Caro,

you think what to install a cable high voltage between Koh Tao and Koh Phangan to finally stop to run all the generators 24/7 to the diesel....

Charly
Member moderator

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
August 20, 2012 05:51 Charly said:

Thanks for the clarification.

Question perhaps but annecdotique: just make Lomprayah in "They"? I want to say, is that Lomprayah represents more than a private company? Otherwise, why distinguish them from "local business"?

Charly
Member moderator

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
August 20, 2012 05:57 Charly said:

Warning for Nemo that made one off-topic from the topic of base.
And also a warning to myself.

So one cancels the otherInnocent

carotao

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
August 20, 2012 at 6:17 carotao said:

Nemo,

Install a cable has high voltage always disturbs the marine ecosystem, so normally I'm against, but I am also a human being who appreciated the comfort of electricity and I'm tired of pay crazy because of the privacy (nam seng) electricity bills. So if it can solve the problems of electricity Koh Tao and reduce the use (and noise) generators, I am for.

Two years ago, the plan originally provided an arrival in Aow Leuk, I go take pictures of shark bay and Aow Leuk Save Koh Tao Group they can propose an arrival in Shark Bay, I do not know at all or are negotiations.

Charly,

Bonne question par rapport a Lomprayah, je demanderai a P Kean (marine branch of Save Koh Tao group)

Nemo Dive Club Island

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
August 20, 2012 at 6:23 Nemo Dive Club Island said:

Of what I know, one of the 2 branches is fiercely opposed this cable facility because disruption of the eco-system... the invoices of nam seng does me bother any more than his but on life on Earth first and display its inflated me to see these generators pumping diesel max 24/7 throughout the year mostly because of the order of the project of wiring, they are lively for preparing the installation of new generator.... cable high voltage measuring 80 cm of more stabilizing diam say therefore that this will destroy a band 2 m wide and not very long because it is that of the sand...

For 5 potatoes of coral and fish clowns 4 family (and yet I love the clown fish){#emotions_dlg.63}) we are convicted offenders a beat us Central... it's sad

Nemo Dive Club Island

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
August 20, 2012 at 6:25 Nemo Dive Club Island said:

Sorry Charly... HS not cool but rewarding

Charly
Member moderator

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
August 20, 2012, 06:39 Charly said:

Poor fish clown, I hope that there will be in parallel a social plan for finding a PP ALM (Anemone à loyer modéré).

{#emotions_dlg.57}

Post a reply
Nickname: (* required)
Your message:
Attached image:
(JPG format only.) Maximum size: 10 MB)
E-mail:

(* required. Is not displayed on the forum and allows you to receive replies)
  Control Spam, 2 + 2 = ?

Currently 72 visitors online.

Latest Weather Points

20 Jul. Weather point on Koh Samui in July 20, 2018...

Search KohTaoZone

Custom Search

Most Read

22 nov. (20) Bungalow on the beach and waterfront in Koh Tao
03 March (15) Attacked by a Titan Triggerfish fish in Koh Tao
18 Jan. Rental scams...
04 March (1) alert endangered
15 Feb. (2) Sairee, really noisy and crowded in August?
01 Feb. Scooter rental
30 Jan. (2) Beaches accessible by the roads
May 11 (11) surat thani - koh tao return boat
15 March (7) More Koh tao freedom! The beaches are paid
07 oct. flight to BKK AR

Most Discussed

09 may (42) Marriage with a Thai woman
06 nov. (37) I am a victim of a scam to love
03 nov. (27) Southern floods Thailand November 2011
May 15 (26) Tattoo: my name and surname in Thai
27 Jan. (25) Book or not?
29 Jul. (21) Fishing from the edge of the island of Koh Tao
25 April (20) price long tail boat on the day
06 August (17) Save koh tao?
August 19 (16) Diving training
18 oct. (16) Marriage with a thai

The Forum

29 Jul. (2) Songserm company to avoid
27 Jan. (25) Book or not?
31 March (3) dirt from water to Tao
26 March (4) Council for diving
30 June The Glorious Sons Lightning (Official Video)
23 June New software XEvil 4.0 can break BitFinex Captcha
15 March (7) More Koh tao freedom! The beaches are paid
May 29 Family room - from 10/07 to 17/07
May 29 Family Booking - From 10/07/2018 to 17/072018
03 March (15) Attacked by a Titan Triggerfish fish in Koh Tao
May 20 New software XEvil 4.0 recognize of captchas Google, Facebook, Captcha.Com, SolveMedia, Bing
May 15 There are 266!
08 may EssayErudite.com write my essay .
March 11 vacation to koh tao
08 sept. (29) tourists flee koh tao because of dirt
17 Feb. (2) Noise has Sairee
01 March A nice video all fresh of koh tao
25 April (20) price long tail boat on the day
15 Feb. To know more?
16 Jul. (9) Scam scooter in Koh Tao: minimize risk

"Go to the forum

Most

Agenda / Event

27 Jul. (J-5)
Asalha bucha day (holiday)
28 Jul. (J-6)
Khao Phansa (holiday)
29 Jul. (J-7)
Full Moon Party
12 August (J-21)
Her Majesty the Queen's birthday
26 August (J-35)
Full Moon Party

News
By the One in Koh Tao

15 Jul. Koh Tao imposes on professionals to treat their water...
14 Jul. Towards the elimination of waste and safety...
09 Jul. (1) An official hospital opens in Koh Tao...
May 23 Training of SSI to Koh Tao diving instructor...
26 March (2) Tao Festival 2017: A green festival...
May 28 Koh Tao sur Google Street View...
21 Feb. Jean Dujardin at Koh Tao for Brice de Nice 3...
23 April (1) Koh Tao: 5th most beautiful island in the world and 1st ASI...
24 Dec. (1) A diver died struck by a propeller...
26 nov. 1 of the year 2015 to Koh Tao with The Experience Festiva...
16 nov. (1) Koh Tao: Towards a smoke-free island?...
01 nov. 3 videos of Koh Tao...
08 oct. The Tower of Koh Tao in 80 Blogs...
05 oct. A Belgian falls into the water on the way to Koh Tao...
03 oct. (2) Double murder of Koh Tao: Confessions of Burmese 2...