Koh Tao in Thailand KohTaoZone the first guide in French on Koh Tao, diving, news, information and guides on the island, hotel, compare prices, and more

Stay informed | | | |
You are here: > > Read a message

"Koh Tao Forum" Transport

surat thani - koh tao return boat

Started topic the: May 11, 2011 at 8:37 pm
Bridget

Anonymous
(View profile)
Since 11/05/2011
May 11, 2011 at 8:37 pm 16284 views Bridget said:
Good evening,
We arrive by air Asia at Surat thani on Sunday, June 12 at 15 h 25: how to reach Koh tao?, must - on sleep in KPG?
For the return we decolons on Saturday, June 18 at 19: 35 from surat thani to BKK: a what time should we leave Koh tao or KPG?

Thank you for your help

Charly
Member moderator

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
Published articles: 732
May 11, 2011, 21:40 Charly said:
Hi Bridget,
If you arrive in Surat Thani at 15: 25 then you will have 4 opportunities.
1 - Sleeping in Surat Thani and take the first ship from about 10: 00 the next morning
2 - Sleep in Koh Samui and take a boat from the next day (first vessel at 8: 00 and last at 13: 30)
3 - Sleep in Koh Phangan and take a boat from the next day (first vessel at 8: 30 and last at 14: 00)
4 - Take the boat at night that part of Surat Thani at 23: 00 and arrives in Koh Tao at 7: 30.

Option 1, I do you not the Council. Little interest to stay in Surat Thani for my liking.
Option 2.3 are interesting. For Koh Samui, in your place I would take a hotel on Bophut or Mae Nam and then I'd take a Lomprayah boat from the aftermath of the port of Mae Nam (North of Koh Samui).
Option 4 is nice also. The night boat part of the port of Ban Don in Surat Thani (it is in the heart of the city, near the market)

For the return journey, you have a boat that part of Koh Tao with the Lomprayah company at 9: 30 and can bring you directly to Surat Thani airport shuttle. Arrival at 15: 15 at Surat Thani airport.
> See line numbered 15 on our table in the section "Transport schedules grid".
Journey to the Lomprayah to Koh Tao window. The tariff is currently 800THB for this journey.

Bridget

Anonymous
May 12, 2011 at 12:06 Bridget said:
Thank you for your response
has what time parttent boats to Koh Phangan or Koh samui on Sunday night?
If we choose Koh Ohangan or sleeping for 1 night? should we stay a little more a KPG or go directly on Kho Tao?
or accommodation on Koh Tao, the bungalows on the beach not too expensive but own ds
Thank you for everything.
Charly
Member moderator

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
May 12, 2011 at 12:44 Charly said:
Re Bridget,
On schedules they are all applicable every day of the week. There is generally no "schedule week end" in Thailand for the train, bus, boat, plane. Some boats at night and a few particular cases are exceptions.

When you say "a what time leave boats to Koh samui or Koh Phangan", I suppose that you talk about vessels departing from Surat Thani to Koh Samui and Koh Phangan.
I you Council take the ferry from Raja Ferry either Seatran Ferry.
"Wholesale" know of ferry depart Surat Thani (Don Sak port) every hour to go to Koh Samui and every 2 hours to go to Koh Phangan.
> For Raja Ferry = See schedules Don Sak - Koh Phangan here.
> For Raja Ferry = See schedules Don Sak - Koh Samui here.
As vera, the last boat you by at 19: 00 at 18: 00 to Koh Phangan and Koh Samui.
For Seatran Ferry I would advise to go to their web site the day where they will be translated into English at least...
Koh Phangan, I know what advise you because I know enough of this island. It seems that Tong Nai Pai Noi (to the northeast) is one of the best corners of Koh Phangan. But it is opposite the port of Thongsala (middle of the West Coast). So if you want to stay that night may be is better not too you away from Thongsala port for not by multiplying the trip... or not. Test to go to http://www.phangan-guide.com.

Accommodation on Koh Tao... the issue is more that discussed on kohtaozone. I invite you to do or redo the tour of the site. Determine first what sector you drew, and then from there you can begin to look at hotels.
If you hesitate between several corners, or hotels tell me and we can talk.
Also an important point in my view is whether if you come with children at an early age, how many people, and are you ready to move on a scooter/motorbike on the island. It is often crucial to determine his place of vacation on Koh Tao.
Also, you then want to talk d? accommodation I invite you to create a new message on the forum for convenience for readers.

Bridget

Anonymous
(View profile)
Since 11/05/2011
14:10, May 15, 2011 Bridget said:
Hello,

We have 50 years and just relax us without children, to the snorkelling or diving (we have our open water)
I have seen 2 or 3 hotels: the "sensi paradise" or the "charm churee villa" is this property, bungalows with sea view
What is the nearest water and nature? the more sympathetic, quietest? or other hotels with bungalows of charm?

For diving, centre for upgrading because we have not dived for 18 months; There - he French instructors?
thank you

Charly
Member moderator

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
May 15, 2011, 15:49 Charly said:
Hi Bridget,
For Charm Churee and Sensi they are beach. Therefore they have view on the sea for at least part of the bungalows as they propose. They are also generally more expensive. They are also 2 close to the water and nature. Lasts of the share and in addition they are geographically very close. Sensi Paradise is on the road that led to the Charm Churee.
The more sympathetic? Hard to say, they have all the 2 a charm certain and particular which gives them each their unique character. Also the two resorts well epousent the nature. It also seems to me that the 2 are also quiet. Hard to choose what are two very good reference for me. One aspect which could share c is the beach. The Sensi gives on the beach (South of Mea Haad) while the Charm Churee overlooks a Bay (JanSom bay) and the snorkelling was Jansom Bay is best that South of Mae Haad.

For diving is a Scuba Review which need you. All diving centres will offer you.
Concerning diving centres, yes there are francophone instructor has Koh Tao I te Council of reading this post: French diving centre is koh tao
Note that there is a diving centre in the Charm Churee but I do not think as they have English staff.

vivie

Anonymous
(View profile)
Since 10/11/2012
On 10 nov. 2012, 21:35 vivie said:
Hello everyone,
Thanks to everyone to share his experiences it helps a lot to make its choice.
About me, I am facing a small concern.
We (my darling and I) must depart from Bangkok to Koh Tao on December 14, 2012. I think opt for boat lomprayah Pier, starting at 6 a.m., arrived at 2: 45 in Koh Tao, is that you have already completed this journey?
My second question concerns the return, Koh Tao starting December 20 Executive Surat Thani to take our direction Kuala Lumpur at 11 h 20 flight... on the other hand, I am unable to find a way to get to Surat Thani at the time... WHO have an idea?
thank you in advance
vivie

Ben

Anonymous
(View profile)
From 22/11/2012
On 22 nov. 2012 at 11:08 Ben said:
Hello,

to make original, same kind of question:

It was thought to do in December of Koh Phi Phi Koh Tao like this:

>>> Departure from Phi Phi at 10 h 30 == Krabi Bus at 2 pm == boat to Surat Thani to 18 h direction Koh Phagan: night in Koh Phangan (near the port but where?) == departure to Koh Tao at 8: 30, arriving at 10: 00.

What do you think?

Lolo 06

Anonymous
(View profile)
From 15/02/2012
14 Jan. 2013 at 22:23 Lolo 06 said:
Good evening,

I just on Kho tao for February 2013 holiday with my children and I have to start on 1 March at 16: 05 by the surat thani airasia flight.

Think you I have to leave the day before and sleep in kho phan gan, or will is it possible to leave the same day and time in l? surat thani airport?

Thanks in advance.

haihouille on 78.226.4.174

Anonymous
On 01 oct. 2013 at 02:40 haihouille on 78.226.4.174 said:
Hi to all!

>>> I'm looking also info to surat tani port kho tao but after I figured must be either sleep one night a kho samui and phangan... I'll keep a look with my friend google and at worst make a night has samui, damage that l is not speedboat to surat tani koh tao...

++++
Carabao Dive Resort

(View profile)
Validated user
Editor:
Published articles: 11
Registrant the: 28/08/2013
On 01 oct. 2013 at 03:34 Carabao Dive Resort said:

Hello!

You do not need to sleep Phangan to Samui.

To Surathani - Koh Tao, you have several choices: leave from Donsak with company Lomprayah (transfer from the city center included in the tickets) or starting from Surat with the boat at night.

For Lomprayah schedules you can watch it on their site, as the night boat leaves Surat at 11 pm and arrives at Koh Tao to 5 H...

See you soon!

pepere

Anonymous
(View profile)
Since 03/02/2014
March 02, 2014 at 9:50 pm pepere said:
is there a boat at night doing Phangan - surat tani?

Post a reply
Nickname: (* required)
Your message:
Attached image:
(JPG format only.) Maximum size: 10 MB)
E-mail:

(* required. Is not displayed on the forum and allows you to receive replies)
  Control Spam, 2 + 2 = ?

Currently 70 visitors online.

Latest Weather Points

03 Jan. Weather point on Koh Samui to January 3, 2018...

Search KohTaoZone

Custom Search

Most Read

22 nov. (20) Bungalow on the beach and waterfront in Koh Tao
03 March (15) Attacked by a Titan Triggerfish fish in Koh Tao
18 Jan. Rental scams...
04 March (1) alert endangered
15 Feb. (2) Sairee, really noisy and crowded in August?
May 11 (11) surat thani - koh tao return boat
30 Jan. (2) Beaches accessible by the roads
01 Feb. Scooter rental
15 March (7) More Koh tao freedom! The beaches are paid
07 oct. flight to BKK AR

Most Discussed

09 may (42) Marriage with a Thai woman
06 nov. (37) I am a victim of a scam to love
03 nov. (27) Southern floods Thailand November 2011
May 15 (26) Tattoo: my name and surname in Thai
27 Jan. (24) Book or not?
29 Jul. (21) Fishing from the edge of the island of Koh Tao
25 April (20) price long tail boat on the day
06 August (17) Save koh tao?
August 19 (16) Diving training
18 oct. (16) Marriage with a thai

The Forum

18 June free vegas slots free penny slots
17 June Black Coffee Ft Black Motion Mixtape 2017
15 March (7) More Koh tao freedom! The beaches are paid
11 June ???????!
May 29 Family room - from 10/07 to 17/07
May 29 Family Booking - From 10/07/2018 to 17/072018
31 March (1) dirt from water to Tao
26 March (3) Council for diving
03 March (15) Attacked by a Titan Triggerfish fish in Koh Tao
May 20 New software XEvil 4.0 recognize of captchas Google, Facebook, Captcha.Com, SolveMedia, Bing
May 15 There are 266!
08 may EssayErudite.com write my essay .
March 11 vacation to koh tao
08 sept. (29) tourists flee koh tao because of dirt
17 Feb. (2) Noise has Sairee
01 March A nice video all fresh of koh tao
25 April (20) price long tail boat on the day
15 Feb. To know more?
16 Jul. (9) Scam scooter in Koh Tao: minimize risk
09 Feb. not so environmentally friendly...

"Go to the forum

Most

Agenda / Event

27 juin (J-6)
Full Moon Party
27 juil. (J-36)
Asalha bucha day (holiday)
28 juil. (J-37)
Khao Phansa (holiday)
29 juil. (J-38)
Full Moon Party
12 August (J-52)
Her Majesty the Queen's birthday

News
By the One in Koh Tao

15 Jul. Koh Tao imposes on professionals to treat their water...
14 Jul. Towards the elimination of waste and safety...
09 Jul. (1) An official hospital opens in Koh Tao...
May 23 Training of SSI to Koh Tao diving instructor...
26 March (2) Tao Festival 2017: A green festival...
May 28 Koh Tao sur Google Street View...
21 Feb. Jean Dujardin at Koh Tao for Brice de Nice 3...
23 April (1) Koh Tao: 5th most beautiful island in the world and 1st ASI...
24 Dec. (1) A diver died struck by a propeller...
26 nov. 1 of the year 2015 to Koh Tao with The Experience Festiva...
16 nov. (1) Koh Tao: Towards a smoke-free island?...
01 nov. 3 videos of Koh Tao...
08 oct. The Tower of Koh Tao in 80 Blogs...
05 oct. A Belgian falls into the water on the way to Koh Tao...
03 oct. (2) Double murder of Koh Tao: Confessions of Burmese 2...